Attention potty training moms of kids 2 and under

So I have heard of kids being potty trained pretty early. How old was your kid? How did you train them? Are there kids out there who were potty trained before they could even talk? If so, how did your child communicate when they had to go?

hemanclub

Asked by hemanclub at 2:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• I started potty training right after 1 years old , I have girls. Both were day trained before 2 years old. My youngest was not night trained tell around 5 or 6. My oldest was night trained before 2 y o.
    How did I do it. I just kept bringing them to the toilet tell they. Understood that is where they where suppose to go pee and poop.
    About them telling me. I usually didn't wait for them to tell me. I just bring them ever couple hour. Or they would do the pee dance. Potty was one of their frost words they learned. Me saying it so often.

Answer by louise2 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• This has been debated so many times on here.
    The best thing I have learned is it seems that those who wore cloth diapers were trained earlier. I have seen some pretty disturbing potty training stories, and I hope you understand that night training comes much later than using the potty on command.
    I guess my question is why the rush? I don't get why it is such a big deal to have it done by 2, now my mother would disagree, she thinks my SIL and I are both slackers because it wasn't done by age 2.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I wanted my kids potty trained early. Because I didn't want to pay fore diapers for years and years.

Answer by louise2 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I was always told by my mother to not potty train until age 2 and heard that if you do it too soon it may make it worse when they are ready in most cases.
    n8nnickmom

Answer by n8nnickmom at 9:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2013