I found this interesting

http://www.today.com/news/waitress-denied-tip-gay-lifestyle-gets-flood-support-2D11603655

I do not think that anyone is required to tip waitstaff, not should they be. Hver if a peron chooses not to tip for whatever reason, what compells someone to write something like this?   Please don;t tell me hate, yadda a.

What I mean is why write anything at all?

If it was poor service, tell the manager.  If it was a matter of needing a different waitperson, for whatever reason, ask for one up front.

The waitress should have blocked out the customer's info, but I do think she has ever right to be upset, not at the lack of a tip but  the reason.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 5:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow...just wow. While I don't agree with that lifestyle, I would NEVER not tip because of it. If they did a lousy job at serving, they would be informed and so would the manager. But we also let them know what we expect at the beginning before we get served....and that's mainly that our drinks don't go empty (and if they do, not for very long).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• I always tip unless they are out right rude, this job survives on tips and they work their asses off to serve us all.....but their lifestyle is not anyone's business but their own...

Answer by older at 6:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I am kind of leery of those receipts now since they have found out that the one that the customer had written the N word on the receipts, was actually written by the server herself. She had received $10,000 in donations before they discovered it though.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• How would the customer know what her lifestyle is? Seems a little stupid to allow her to serve them but not feel compelled to reward good food service. Seems like there is more to this story that we aren't getting.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• When I do not tip. I do not leave a reason. It is never because of anyones life style. It is because of the way I was treated and the way the did their job. Or I should say the didn't do their job,

Answer by louise2 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• It's good her employer is supportive.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I am assuming from the woman's fist comment that she would be Dan subtly is supposed to let us know that the server looked male to the woman. It was rude. That in itself would have pushed me to get them a different server. I do agree that this kind of thing going viral and then donations come in seems to be a trend.

Perhaps there will be more later.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• As a waitress myself, I would prefer a note rather than a tip with no explanation. I mean, I'm very good at what I do. If there's something I did wrong, I want to know!
    But this was way out of line. We have a female server at our restaurant who has a shaved head and dresses masculine by choice. If this ever happened to her, I would be so pissed!

Answer by missanc at 9:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2013