What religion is good for people who don't like the hypocrisy of organized religion?

I know it sounds odd but trying to find a warm, welcoming relgion that isn't all about money and strict laws and rules that prevent everyone from being welcome and judging others. Does such a place exist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Check this book out and see if anything resonates with you.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Buddhism

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Yeah... Paganism!! Or, maybe Universal Unitarianism??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I guess I should have clarified that I still believe in God, just tired of organized religion. Tired of being asked for more and more money and told who can and can't be a member of the church...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Deism cause there is no organization...there are also no churches. there is a belief in God but its different from Christian beliefs.

sooo...just FYI other religions believe in God. did you mean you're tired of organized Christianity?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Unitarian
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Sounds like you've picked some bad churches. I'm southern baptist and have never been asked for money, nor has anyone ever been turned away from membership in my church(es).

Answer by missanc at 9:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Unitarian Universalism

I love my UU "church" (we prefer the term "community," though)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I guess you make up your own.
    Organized religions are made of people. People are not all the same some are hypocrites and some are not. Everyone is inconsistent at one time or another.
    The religion, itself may or may not be flawed but the people that are drawn to any given religion are just humans.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• If I ever decided I wanted to start going back to church, I would probably go to a UU church. A friend of mine goes to one and she told me you don't even have to believe in God to go there.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2013