Healthcare question / no choice - help

Why can't the healthcare be like food stamps/ welfare.
If you qualify for the subsidy by income, you qualify.
I'll have to pay whatever my employers insurance says the premiums are / regardless of my income.
That does not seem fair to me.

My brother a smokers and drinker can get insurance for $100 a month. $2500 deductible, etc.
I'm paying $230 a month and a $5500 deductible with three kids.
I would qulify for the subsidy by my income but my employer offers instance so I have to take it. (That's what I was told) and I make about $100 a month too much for Texas Chips instance for my kids. When technically my ex (deadbeat) should be covering them. So, no child support either.

Anyhow, not having a choice is what upsets me.
That I'm stuck paying whatever amount. And if it sky rocked in 2015. I'll be screwed.

Anyone else in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• We pay $400/month with a $5000/person deductible for 2 adults/2 kids.... we don't qualify for crap!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• You're coming out ahead of millions of people who won't be able to get any insurance at all. Appreciate what you have.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I have to go from part time to full time to get insurance with my employer. Fortunately, a full time position is opening soon. If I had to get my own insurance it'd be $800/ mo. We don't qualify for subsidy, and dh's insurance isn't much better.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Aren't we all happy that we wanted this?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Eff that noise. It makes more sense to not work doesn't it? Free food, health insurance, gas vouchers, housing assistance. All WONDERFUL things but when a family with no income lives better than a family who all work full time what the eff is the point anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• That's what I'm saying : I took a promotion about a year ago. The kids no longer qulify for reduced lunch or Chips - that's my raise in pay.
    So why better yourself.
    Why would anyone unemployed go look for a job?
    I dint understand
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2013