Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Should I sue the school district?

A substitute teacher asked the class if they knew what a machine gun was the 7th grade class said yes, well at the end of class while the kids are walking out the teacher says this is what a machine guns is and grabs my sons head and repeatedly hits his head against the wall. When my son yelled stop that hurt the teacher just dismissed him saying awe come on that didn't hurt.....I have no clue where to begin with getting this man fired and away from all children please help

Answer Question

Asked by Meeeea at 2:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Yes you should be calling the school bord and making sure that teacher cannot teach anymore! I also would b filing a police report and have that teacher arrested for battery!!!! Then after that if u want to sue the school go ahead but maybe you should be worring about protecting your son and not asking how much money you can get?

    Answer by rachel216 at 5:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

  • If anyone did that to my child I wouild have his head on a platter!

    Answer by goldpandora at 5:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

  • Oh my god! What the hell was the teacher thinking?! Yes get him out of schools and away from kids!

    Answer by kylie_bob at 7:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

  • You should definitely report it to the school and the police. Make sure any other students that witnessed it give their version of the story. Make sure this adult has nothing to do with kids in the future. If your son has a bump I would take him to the doctor and have it documented.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 11:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

  • I wouldn't be worried about making money, I would be worried about getting this guy away from other people. File a police report for battery. Raise holy hell at the school.

    Answer by kmath at 11:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

  • Man people are losing it. I thought I had a problem Friday with a teacher and your story far exceeds it. Start with the principal and get that man fired so he'll never teach again. Honestly, it may save someone's life. Clearly he has no patience for kids and you never know when people will snap. As for a lawsuit, it's just not worth the money and anxiety for you guys. Get the guy fired.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

  • I would most go to law enforcement and press charges. That is where I would start. Then the district, principal and the news crews. I am not sure I would sue. If my child was emotionally or physically damaged and needed counseling or medical bills...okay I can see suing. But not so much about the hole suing and more about this person assaulted a child and how to hold this person responsible. If a stranger did that to me in a store it would be assault. It makes it no less a crime given it was in the classroom.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

  • if he's a sub its not the school, its the school district that hired him. and yes, you need to get his stupid ass fired! some ppl shouldnt be substitutes but its an easy job that lets you make your own hours, so you get all sortrs of asshats. last year we had a woman show up drunk to sub! sad sad sad.

    dont threaten to sue unless the school refuses to help you.

    Answer by okmanders at 9:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.