Body image and sex

So there is this new guy and while we're getting to know each other a thought occurred. He is younger and probably use to girls w tight bodies. Mine is still good but I need to work on some areas...I want my belly flatter :) So I thought if we make it that far I may feel a bit awkward he is young and here I am a bit fat. I haven't really liked my nude body since I've had my kid. My last bf didn't say anything negative about it but to me I felt disgusting and ashamed. Has anyone ever felt this way? I know working out will help w that image of myself but are there other things I can do in meantime?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 6:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• Having now been married for almost 48 years and having gone during those years from 120 to 175 pounds, I have learned what it means to be loved for who one is, rather than for how one looks. Marital sex is a wonderful gift and has grown sweeter and more meaningful as the years have come and gone. I do not believe this can happen unless love is of character and not of the body. So, if I were you, I would want to wait for a man who will love you for you and not like you for a little while for your body. You may be able to attract with your body for a bit, but a man who loves you won't care too much about that. My almost 70 year old hubby still pursues me endlessly, and I promise you, it is not because of my tight body!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• You need to remind yourself that he probably ISN'T used to girls with tight bodies for the simple reason that tight bodies are far and few between. Most women have "flaws" of one kind or another. Just don't focus on what you think are yours. Make the most of what you consider to be your best features.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 7:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• What guy is gonna complain about a naked girl in his bed?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• Wear a blindfold. Out of sight out of mind The other senses take over and it will probably be the most mind-blowing sex of your life.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• I was the first mom my husband had ever been with and I had not one but three kids. He was 38 so had been with lots of women, among them a stripper and an aerobics instructor. So yeah, I was a little nervous. But 7 1/2 years and 2 more kids later, he loves my body and makes sure I know it.

Answer by missanc at 9:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• He obviously likes you and in or out of clothing will not make that big of a difference. By the way, if you had the perfect hard body, that would not make him love you any more than the way you are now.
    KarenT214

Answer by KarenT214 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• If he cares and loves you. Your body type will not matter.

Answer by louise2 at 8:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• You all are correct, common sense really. This new guy I really like and things to work out. He seems like he is a smart guy and can value the real things. I've had the guys im into only for the physical and that DOES get stale. =)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• Answer by goldpandora at 7:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2013
    Level 18 (5,231 Credits) 1 star1 star in Relatiionships
    "Having now been married for almost 48 years and having gone during those years from 120 to 175 pounds, I have learned what it means to be loved for who one is, rather than for how one looks. Marital sex is a wonderful gift and has grown sweeter and more meaningful as the years have come and gone. I do not believe this can happen unless love is of character and not of the body. So, if I were you, I would want to wait for a man who will love you for you and not like you for a little while for your body. You may be able to attract with your body for a bit, but a man who loves you won't care too much about that. My almost 70 year old hubby still pursues me endlessly, and I promise you, it is not because of my tight body!! "

This is the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time!! :D
    IAmFreeToDance

Answer by IAmFreeToDance at 10:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2014