prenatal yoga anyone?

Does anyone do or have done prenatal yoga? Whats your take on it? Did it help keep you fit? Good for labor? Tell me tell me please
Next, I was trying to find a nice place in the Coral Springs, FL area or close to that. Any ideas ladies?
Thanks

babydunhamsmom

Asked by babydunhamsmom at 7:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I had studied yoga for a couple years before I conceived my younger son. I am sure that it must have helped. Mainly, as far as for the pregnancy, I found that yoga taught me to have patience with myself, to remain calmer, to sleep better, to deal with stress better. With yoga you can learn cleansing and relaxing breathing. I don't know about the long stretches done in yoga as far as starting them during pregnancy. Perhaps this is where the term prenatal yoga comes from, perhaps the stretches don't harm the joints that are already loosening because of the pregnancy. Mine were already accustomed to stretches, but to never have done yoga before, your ob should be consulted, I'd say she should be consulted before attempting either the yoga that I studied or prenatal.

Answer by Bmat at 7:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I live in Bright Sunny California..Since my pregnancy was HORRIBLE! I needed something for me to indulge in and it was prenatal Yoga. I LOVED IT! For me it made my body feel great! It was a great way to work out all the "Kinks"that you get when ur pregnant. Unfortunately It didn't really help me during labor. I was in labor for 26 Hours and it resulte in an Emergency C-Section. But I LOVED the yoga.
    BrandyGirl715

Answer by BrandyGirl715 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I found that Leslie Harts Fit Pregnancy videos were great during my pregnancy. I really enjoyed the workouts. I'm heavy to begin with but by taking care of myself, eating better and doing those workouts myself and my baby were healthy and I actualy was at a smaller weight at 9 months pregnant than when I became pregnant. While thats not healthy for those who are thinner to begin with the workouts are very low impact and perfect for pregnant women!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i tried the yoga, and wasnt impressed.. so i hit the gym with the weights and my thighs and muscles were ready to do a vaginal birth, until my son decided he was going to be breach for the last 5 months... they manipulated me, nothing, i did the excercises they told me.. he never moved.. so i got a csection.. we go to the gym daily and my abs are working back to the way they use to be, but it will be a while... but maybe yoga just wasnt for me.. but it might be great for you...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009