How soon after you experienced the "bloody show" did you have your baby? adult content

At my 36 weeks check up on thursday I was 3cm and 50% effaced and after the doc checked me her glove was covered in *sorry this is way TMI* but a mixture of thick white discharge and bright red blood. She said "oh here's a bit of your bloody show" and didn't say anything else about it.

I've been getting regular contractions for days but they have yet to really increase in intensity so I see no need to head to the hospital BUT I'm soooo cramps, having tummy trouble and just feeling super b*tchy so I'm guessing labor is coming soon.

How long after you had your "blood show" did you end up delivering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I never experienced it with any of my 5 kids (but my 2nd was induced and my last 2 were csections - although I was in labor when we got to the hospital with my 5th for the scheduled induction)

Answer by missanc at 9:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• Never had it either.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• louise2 - because she said it was my bloody show…i didn't think there was much else to ask.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• Why didn't you ask the doctor about that?

Answer by louise2 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• Ask her what? It's the bloody show. It is from the cervix effacing. I figured it just meant labor was near. I'm not asking what the bloody show is. I know what it is, I just experienced it. However, I did not have it with my first so I wanted to see if anyone else had experience it and how soon after labor started for them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• I never had that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• It was about 3 weeks after I lost mine before I went into labor with my first. Didn't notice anything with 2 and 3..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• I never had that with two pregnancies. Not sure it has any significance.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• It started (bright red blood dripping and a fair amount of it) about 4am on the Wednesday morning and labour followed at about 9.30 am. I gave birth on Thursday night at 11.30pm via emergency c-section.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 12:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• didnt have it w/ #1 but #2's came about a week before in a similar way to yours. Congrats and hope you have an easy L&D!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2013