Crotchet or knitting?

I am learning how to crochet. I having a difficult time holding the yarn tight. I have been doing it for week now. Should I keep trying or should I learning knitting. A few ppl have told me to try to knit. Is knitting easier or crochet? Any helpful tips?

RedDahlia82

Asked by RedDahlia82 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have never knitted but they're a few here that do.
    I taught myself how to crochet, and just couldn't get the hang of knitting.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• I do both. I prefer knitting most of the time but I do feel that crochet is easier to learn.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2013

• I see no reason why you can't learn both. Everything comes with practice so don't give up. Why worry about holding the yarn tight if you get the right result anyway?

I do both and tend to have projects for both going at the same time (a beaded jug cover for crochet and a cardigan for one of my daughters for knitting).
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 12:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• I only knit. There is a very helpful group her KNIT & CROCHET (click the link).

Also you tube can be very helpful

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• Whichever one you learn first is usually easier. Tension is something you learn with practice, whichever one you do. I do both - crocheting is faster because stitches take up more room and has more variety in stitches, knitting lets you make more refined looking things.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2013