How can I get dog dirt stains off cement?

My dog is old, and she's had quite a few accidents on my front steps lately because I've rushed her out the door and she hasn't made it onto the lawn. So there are a lot of brown spots on the cement. We've tried hitting them with the hose full blast, but they're still there. What's the best non-toxic way to remove them? The homeowners' association is breathing down my neck. Of course, the butterfly bush I've been asking them to trim, for safety reasons, which I'm not allowed to touch because it's not on my property, is still untrimmed, but that's another story.

Incidentally, speaking of hoses, I got that Pocket Hose thing advertised on TV, and when I sprayed the stains full blast, the hose split right down the middle.  Total bust!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2013 in Pets

• Try a scrub brush and bleach. We have an HOA like that. We get nasty letters for not pulling a few little weeds... in the alley for god's sake! But... they won't trim the hedge in front of my fence, and I got in trouble for doing it myself last December! It was blocking my gate, as well as the sidewalk in the courtyard. Stupid HOA is worthless. They don't even scoop the sidewalk in the courtyard unless there's 12 feet of snow (they are supposed to be responsible for everything in that courtyard). Sorry. End rant.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• I would pressure wash it, but I have a little pressure washer so I wouldn't need to rent one. Maybe a scrub brush and some vinegar? IDK.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• So they're fussing over dog stains? SERIOUSLY?
    Try bleach.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 5:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• bleach
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• Dawn soap and hydrogen peroxide mixed together is my go to for any pet stains... Never tried on cement tho. But it's cheap to try.... Gl. If you try bleach, dump the extra on the butterfly bush, that will take care of two problems at once!!! Lol. Jk
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

• Soap and water. Bleach.

Answer by louise2 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2013

Try bleach.

They're Nazis. I'm telling you. Have you ever seen the kids' movie "Over the Hedge"? We have an HOA lady just like the one in that film.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2013