Cat owners, do you follow the cat rules?

Like never move a sleeping cat? What are some others?

It took me 6 hours yesterday before I could make my bed proper because I had two cats laying on my bed. Right now I desperately have to pee but have two cats (and a baby) laying on me.

Halp! Itsatrap!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2013 in Pets

• Yes and no, if I have to pee they gotta move!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• I'm the boss in my house, not my cats. If they're sleeping in the place I want to sit, they move. If they're sleeping in my lap and I need to get up, they move. I am the dominant one in the house, not them.

So I guess I don't follow the "cat rules"
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• I can see not wanting to wake a baby... but a cat?? They'll get over it. Promise...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• Sorry, you'll have to pee your pants. That's just how it is. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• Cat rules:
    1. Feed me when I want feeding! Like NOW! I don't care if I just scarfed a bowl of chow 15 min. ago! Move it human!

2. I don't care if you don't want me on the table, I will continue to attempt it until you are in the funny farm. PS- the tinfoil you put on there is annoying, so stop!

3. Go brush your teeth in the kitchen sink, because I am clearly busy sleeping in the bathroom one.

4. I will drink water out of a cup in the bathtub, but not anywhere else. OK maybe the dog's bowl in a pinch.

5. If I choose to sleep at your feet at night, don't move or I will clobber your toes. Just sayin'.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• Thanks for posting those like that, Tess. Um, no. The kid may be the princess in my house, the cat is sure the hell not the prince. Sorry, bud, I can only deal with one royal pain in the ass at a time, and the position was already filled by the short blond chick before you got here. You'll have to settle for a distant second, dude.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• You mean how the cat makes the rules? **grin**

I'm allergic to cats so no feline owns me. Although my dog sometimes sounds like she's meowing when she yawns!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• I wake Maude the cat during the day or she is up at night. As it is, she is up at night knocking her dish around in the bath tub. She will only drink from the tub. I know about the sleeping cat on you and not being able to move. Every night! I am religious about keeping her cat box clean so she won't decide to go outside of the box. I also clip her nails. Those are the things I follow.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• It depends on which cat it is. If I need to do something like make the bed then they will move. Most of the time, I will start making the bed and they eventually move on their own. If they are laying on me and I have to get up, I will get up. But I admit I will wait as long as I can when my male cat cuddles with me. He rarely does it unless he wants something so I will take it. I had a cat in the past that had been a semi feral cat when I adopted her so she was always shy. When she cuddled or came to me for attention I stayed put. She would only really do this at night but I cherished it. She was such a sweet gentle soul but she only came out when it was quiet.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• Betcha your cats will come back if you have to move them. After all... that's probably "their" spot! Our little girl cat likes to sleep on the computer chair. My fiance will move her if he has to use the computer, but she goes right back when he's done.

Also I think you'll enjoy this: http://distractify.com/people/personal/agonizing-struggles-that-prove-cat-owners-are-the-best-people-ever/
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2013