Is this why you don't let other kids come over?

Well it's one of my reason's.
They come over and right away they are hot or thirsty or whatever it is annoying...just be happy you kids are together and playing.
Yes I give them water but that's it and if I have snacks I'll give it to them.
But why can't they just come over and enjoy their stay until it is time to go home.

So now I tell my dd10 to tell them no they can not come over for whatever reason I have.

I don't mind it at times but it seems like they bother every 15 mins. for something....ugh!
I do not let my dd go to their home for this very reason, she better not be acting a fool at some one else's home.
Thx ladies just venting alittle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Most of the kids in our neighborhood prefer to play outside. I don't mind if they have friends over as long as they are respectful. Snacks don't matter to me much. They get hungry and thirsty. So do I at times.  

I don't like them coming over and making a mess and not cleaning up after themselves though.  That goes for my kids in our home as well.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• My daughter's room is huge and it's downstairs, so i instituted the "no upstairs rule." I set them up with snacks and drinks and check on them occasionally. It works well.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• I'm afraid I rarely told my kids they couldn't have their friends over. It was worth it to me to feed them and provide beverages so that I knew they were supervised and knew their friends.

I always felt better if I knew where they were and what was going on. I definitely wanted them to have friends and a healthy social life.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• My house was where all the kids loved to hang out!
    Kids love snacks at friends houses, nothing brings everyone closer than good snacks!
    Plus, you know your kid is home and they're safe!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 4:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• Actually, I find its my own daughter wanting to feed the neighborhood. I'm not sure why it is, but as soon as she has someone over, it's, "Mom, can I give my friend some yogurt? Mom, I think my friend would like those new fruit snacks we got. Mom, can we have juice boxes?" I'm glad she's eager to share, so I let her. If that means I buy extra snacks, so be it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• I would much rather have them home with friends here than out where I'm not sure what they are doing. I offered snacks or water or whatever, but it neer really seemed like that big of an issue...

I just had a rule that they had to ask for food before getting it, and NO friends in the fridge or pantry unless I specifically said so
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• Hey hun, kids will be kids, in their home or in someone's else house.....for one they get thirsty easily and secondly they want to know what you got to offer, maybe it is forbidden at their house....seems to me you get annoyed pretty easily, don't let them get to you, kids will be kids.....

Answer by older at 4:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• My house is always packed with kids. I have zero issues with feeding them or giving them drinks.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 4:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• I'd just set some snacks and juice boxes out, tell them these are the snacks for the day, and be done with it. Either they eat it or they don't, and it's there when they want it. It's really no big deal to give a kid a drink or a snack...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2013

• Yeah, snacks and drinks don't bother me. Whining and not picking stuff up are my issues. I would rather have them at my house then out roaming the neighborhood.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2013