I am 8months pregnant I'm still worried who the father of my child will be. I slept with my ex somewhere at the end of February then with my bf in the middle of March . March 20 was my lmp. help

babyboogy

Asked by babyboogy at 4:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If you did have a period starting March 20, then you likely were not pregnant at that time but conceived during your NEXT cycle. (Or rather, the cycle that started March 20.) When the due date generated by your LMP dates matches up well with fetal measurements on early ultrasounds, it is likely to be correct. If early measurements indicated that you were further along than estimated based on LMP, fetal growth/measurements would trump the original due date estimate. That would suggest that the bleeding you assumed to be a period was pregnancy-related, rather than being a period.
    But being 8 months pregnant now seems to support the timing of NOT being already pregnant in March, and getting pregnant AFTER March 20.
    You can do a DNA test (cheek swab for saliva) after the birth to confirm the paternity.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 5:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2013

• There is no way we can help you here. The person I would really like to help is your baby, who will come into this world not knowing who is Daddy and who will suffer greatly from that lack of security and stability. This breaks my heart and brings me very close to tears.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2013

• end of feb and middle of march-
    two weeks in between?
    too close to call- without a DNA test (which they can do as soon as baby is born
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    i assume you have not told the two men there is a question of fatherhood
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Did you have a period before you slept with your EX?

Answer by louise2 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2013

•  

Results:  

First Day of Last Menstrual Period:  March 20, 2013

Probable Date of Ovulation:  April 3, 2013

Possible Dates of Conception:  March 30 to April 7, 2013

Due Date:  December 25, 2013 (40 weeks)

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2013

• DNA tests at the birth will tell you. It is not who the father will be but who the father IS.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2013

• fiatpax wrote: end of feb and middle of march-
    two weeks in between?

Yes, but the additional detail was her last menstrual period started March 20. If that was indeed her last menstrual period, then she would have conceived during the cycle beginning March 20....so sex at the end of Feb AND at the middle of March would both be irrelevant, as the conception would have been after both those, during the next cycle.

OP, I'm assuming that you slept with your boyfriend later on, too? Not just in the middle of March?

Take a look at QuinnMae's data....if the LMP was March 20, then that's what you're looking at. Sex in February and mid-March would not be factors.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Have you told the men??
    lhornbeck

Answer by lhornbeck at 1:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• No I haven't told them yet and yes I did have my lmp on th 20 th of March and my boyfriend was the last one I slept with before I had my period but before that I was with my ex. is there a possible chance it could be my ex's ?
    babyboogy

Comment by babyboogy (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2013