Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I both agree and disagree with the author of this OPINION piece. I believe that Obama doesn't respect us enough to tell us the truth. But I don't believe that he sees us as children. Children need to be cared for and cared about. I don't see any evidence of that in Obama. In the author's medicine example, the father probably would have something yummy for the child to drink right after swallowing the yucky medicine so that the bad taste could be taken away because the father truly is sorry.

I believe Obama sees us more as peasants who don't deserve his respect. We are beneath his contempt. He can tell us whatever he wishes, and we should be joyful that he deigned to speak to us at all. The only reason he 'apologized' was because it was politically expedient for him to do so. Everything he does is for his benefit. Whether or not we benefit does not appear to concern him.

This is my OPINION. Take it as you will.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• I agree with him on some points, but I think it goes deeper than that. There are far too many lies and secrets (big ones) than anyone can keep up with. This administration maneuvers by moving from crisis to crisis instead of actually solving problems. They do things to distract from issues that will be damaging to them as a party (this is done by both parties, but this one seems like it's on autopilot).

I think the elitist arrogance makes him think that he knows better than the people, what they need and want, and he will impose it on us even if he has to do it without congress. It's all about agenda and not about running the country and adhering to the presidential oath of office.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• I agree with you assessment on this opinion based article.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• i do agree that Obama (like 99% of politicians) thinks very little of the average American and assumes we "cant handle the truth". it wouldnt surprise me that he would think its okay to lie to us b/c we're just dumb kids in his mind. just curious, is there any proof that Obama knew ppl would lose their insurance? also, Nixon wasnt actually sorry either (except that he got caught), he just knew how to appear humble, something Obama lacks.

but i dont care for the author of this article...nothing like a psychiatrist trying to analyze someone from afar...thats a Dr. Phil move and not very professional. does he have any facts to back up his psychoanalysis of Obama? im not doubting his analysis is true, just think its kinda unscrupulous.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2013