Have you ever seen someone pass out or fall in a dramatic way?

I was reminiscing with my BFF about high school
When we were in art class,the teacher would have us take turns being models for drawing class. We'd have to stand on a table that stood about 3 feet high,so adding on our heights,our heads were close to 9 feet in the air
This one guy,Pete was that day's model. He got up there and after a few minutes,he started to sweat and look a little pale. The teacher asked him if he was ok,he said yes.
All of a sudden,Pete just toppled over in a faint, and hit the CEMENT floor like a rock. His knees never even bent.
We all went "AWWW" in unison because we were expecting his head to be open like a split melon. He had BOUNCED when he hit the floor!
Amazingly he was completely unhurt...and very embarrassed
From then on,we sat in a chair to model :)

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My youngest child has atonic grand mal epilepsy; which means he just collapses when he has a seizure. Pretty much the scariest thing ever because he could hit his head on just about anything - wall, sidewalk, brick floor in our entry way…
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Yes. My fiance has epilepsy. My high school boyfriend actually had it too. I wonder if I should warn my other exes ....
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Sort of. A girl in my Health class in HS didn't actually pass out, but went into a seizure. It was a little frightening, but a good lesson for the rest of us. Thankfully she was okay (probably mortified after it was all said and done since she peed herself).

DS fainted at school the other day when they were practicing for their performance tomorrow. I hope he doesn't pass out in front of the whole PTA. He doesn't remember anything and details are scant.

I passed out from breathing rubbing alcohol fumes when my mom was trying to clean up my pierced ear that was infected.  I walked out of the bathroom to get some air and blacked out and ran straight into the wall and went down.  Came to a few seconds later feeling dizzy.  I would have loved to have seen it happen.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Yes. Several years back my boss was in my office discussing something and out of the blue she just fell to the ground. At first I thought she was joking around bc she was very dramatic. But she just laid there all limp. I ran and got her husband... I'd never seen anyone be totally lucid one moment, then bam!! Down and out.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Almost, but I grabbed the guy and held him upright before he fell. I was still working a a swim teacher at the Y, so at least 3 years ago now. My lessons were done for the day so I jumped into the hot tub to warm up before heading home. This old guy got out right before me. I noticed he was kind of wobbly, so I offered him my shoulder for some extra balance. He was kind of out of it too. Then he turned ghost white and started to stumble/run towards the wall where we had posts/hooks for towels. At that point I stepped in front of him and held him up with my arms under his armpits until the lifeguard came over. It took a little while, she was clueless about what was happening right next to her. The guard at the OTHER end of the pool saw the whole thing.

continued
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• That still gives me the shakes every time I think about it. He was on a ton of medications and wasn't even supposed to be IN the hot tub. He was supposed to be in the water exercise class in the main pool. If I hadn't stepped in front of him he'd have impaled his forehead on those hanger things.

You can't see them very well, it was these. It's a square metal peg about 2 inches in diameter with a lip about a 1/2 inch bigger.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• yikes!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Yeah, tell me about it. He wound up being ok, and I don't think anyone but me realized his exact trajectory, and what COULD have happened if I hadn't been there. I even told my boss where he was headed and it was shrugged off.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• In high school, saw a girl go into a seizure. I cleared tables and sent someone to alert the office (everyone had frozen).

I did once. Heat stroke. I was in marching band, and we were lined up in parade block after a football game to get back to buses. I remember things going black and coming to on the ground with my now DH (then boyfriend) holding me and a TA who was also a medic checking my pulse and putting cool cloths on my neck. The sucky thing of that was I was not the only one. Water and food were supposed to be provided and they weren't. It got to about 95 degrees that day. And one section leader (not mine) got pissy and said they should just drag me so we'd all stay in block. Thought DH was gonna hit her...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• I don't think I've witnessed anyone pass out, faint, etc, but I have. Well the first time, I was 'knocked out'. I was 11, and I was playing basketball. Running after a girl on the opposing team, I tripped somehow and hit my head. My mom said I was out cold for like 5 minutes. To this day, I still don't remember falling/tripping. All I remember is running down the court then coming to with paramedics, my mom, and coach around me asking me what my name was, how many fingers were they holding up, etc. I had mild concussion, a giant knot, and black eye. The other time was when I was going through chemo, and I blacked out/fainted while I was getting a haircut.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 6:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2013