I had an abortion 2 years ago and still havent got pregnant what can be the problem?

Lexyboo20

Asked by Lexyboo20 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• How long have you been trying? Are you charting your cycles?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• When was the last time you were examined by an OBGYN? Go & see one and ask questions.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Perhaps a physician would be able to actually look inside your uterus and find out....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• You should really ask this question to your doctor. The two incidents could be related or not it depends on other factors. Discuss with your doctor or a fertility specialist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Many women who have had an abortion (more so if the Dr. was not experienced) have scar tissue and it causes problems with trying to conceive. It can happen for a d&c also so it is not just abortion. Some women also just scar more easily and so even small procedures can cause infertility.

takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 5:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• I don't know the reason but agree that it could be scar tissue. I had an abortion and then 9 years later I got pregnant. The thing is that I had had a leep precedure right before I got pregnant. My mom and I discussed and she made the comment that maybe there was scar tissue that got removed and then amazingly I got pregnant right away. So be positive, it can happen, it did for me!
    LostBecca

Answer by LostBecca at 10:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2013