Tech people: Can I copy/paste a pic from the net to FB?

I know I can't take a Getty Images photo or probably Nat Geo, etc, that have a watermark on them. What about when I google "Greatest hair cuts of all time" and then copy/paste that image to my facebook page? Is that a copyright thing? You know how sites will be full of beautiful landscapes or whales or haircuts and they post hundreds of these kinds of pics? Is it not okay to use them? Ideas?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 3:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2013 in Technology

• Yeah save first then upload. As long as you don't say you took the picture, you'll be ok on copyrights... At least, I usually say, "I didnt take this picture, but isn't it beautiful of ________" so people don't think Ive suddenly morphed into some awesome photographer. LOL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Save them first then you can upload them to FB... or you can share the link as well.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• You still need to supply a copy of the link with the image.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Well crap. Okay, thanks you guys. I am a travel consultant and post travel photos from all over the world on our FB page--sometimes I'll say "Where in the world is this?" but I don't add a link. I do save them to my pictures folder first but still. It wasn't until recently I thought about the laws. Yikes.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• to both questions yes
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2013