Can you find one under half?

Interactive map illustrating which states have had the worst impacts from the food stamp reduction this month.  Mouse over each one, you get a breakdown of how many people in that state get them, what percent of the state population that is, how many are children and how many are elderly/disabled.  Just randomly looking, I can't seem to find anywhere the total of children and elderly/disabled is less than half of the total reciepients.  Anyone see one?

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/HowwiltheNov_1foodstampcutsaffectyourstate-_0/Dashboard1?:embed=y&:display_count=no

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• What are the numbers for Texas? I can only get part of the screen.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• You can break down the food insecruity by your county here- http://feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/hunger-studies/map-the-meal-gap.aspx

Did you know that the average age for a homeless person is 9 years old?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Children receiving is exactly half of the total pop receiving for South Dakota...so obviously Elderly is going to push it above 50%.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Texas:
    3,997,000 receiving
    2,360,000 children
    672,000 elderly/disabled

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Just a random question bc it's the end of a very long day and I might not be reading it right: This shows total number of recipients projected for 2014, and the projected cuts.... so it's only showing the children, elderly/disabled who are being effected by those cuts, not the total numbers overall. Right? So the ratio of children, elderly/disabled receving food stamps, to the total number of recipients might not correlate... True? For example if state A has 500, 000 recipients, and the cuts will effect 100,00 kids, and 100, 00 elderly that's 200,00 effected. We don't know who makes up the other 300,000. It could be mostly children... or elderly/disabled. I guess I am saying we don't know if the % s are evenly represented in the overall number. Right? Or did I miss something... I am very tired.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• It's saying x number of projected recipients. Of that number x, how many are children and how many are elderly or disabled.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Ok so it's saying of the number X, these numbers are children and elderly that will be affected. But is it saying how many of the left over number are children and elderly? Can we assume the left over number is all adult, non elderly, non disabled?
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• And Im not being bitchy.. honest. Im just tired and my thoughts aren't flowing very well...
    Nimue930

• That's included - everyone is affected - there is nobody immune from the cut.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• I didn't see any, but the level of spending is unsustainable. Is there a better solution that won't drive us deeper in the hole?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2013