Boyfriend falls asleep at 6pm and its getting on my nerves!!

First of all, he wakes up at 430 every morning for work, so I understand hes tired.. but COME ON! At least wait til 8 when the kids go to bed. Im doing all the cleaning, cooking, dishes, laundry all while our 2 kids are fighting with each other. I put up with it when he first got the job because obviously it was a huge change for him. But its been months now. Im not a super mom like some of you may be, so im stressed to the max! AND he works with my brother, they both get up at the same time and do the same work, and my brother doesnt ever fall asleep that early. Urrgghhh sorry I guess I just had to get that off my shoulders. Thanks for listening

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• What are his hours at work? What does he do?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• what is his job?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• maybe he needs more sleep than your brother...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Maybe you should wake him up after the kids are in bed.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• My DH does that a lot, but he works like a dog. I cut him slack. I don't mind working harder at being a SAHM because he works hard so we have that luxury. It may ease up with your BF eventually, once he gets used to the schedule. A couple of months isn't that long, especially if his job is demanding. Hang in there.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• I would LOVE for my husband to have the hours yours does. Starting a month ago, and until the new year, my kids only see their dad on the weekends. He gets up at 4am, goes to work from 5:30am-11:00am, takes a long lunch, and goes back to work at 3:30pm until 8:00-10:00pm, depending on when drivers come back and he gets everything wrapped up.

One of the dispatchers quit, so now he's working a double, split shift. He's up and gone before the kids get up in the morning, and home after they go to bed. It's hard on all of us. I'm no supermom either. My house is trashed, dishes and laundry need washed, and I have NO energy to do any of it because I'm still in my first trimester.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• I had those hours last year wake up @4:30 except I'm the mom so I had to make everyone's lunch then I would get off at 2:30 pick up my kid @go home deal with home work and dinner then my hubby gets home and wants conversation and clean clothes and sex. Lets just say we mutual decided I would stay home for a few more years. Lol maybe you can put the kids to bed and wake him up so you can hang out and then go to bed together. You can find nap schedules online it tells you how long a nap should last.

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• I used to be asleep by about 6 or 7 when I worked at 5:30am. Woke up at 4, worked 5:30-2, but usually didn't actually get off until 2:45 and then got home about 3:30 or 4. I made dinner and pretty much went to bed. It sucked and I quit. But I never, ever got used to getting up that early. I did it for over a year and I felt like shit the entire time I worked that shift.

When we were first married dh used to work nights. We worked opposite shifts so we never saw each other. When dh traveled all the time once he got a normal job, I was a sahm. I did all the home stuff while he traveled. I wasn't a super mom, and I'm still not. But I feel as though the person with the shittiest schedule gets a break because it's so difficult.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Maybe he is depressed.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• This screams medical problem to me, actually.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2013