Does anyone know what the Florida law is?

I'm looking to go back to school starting in January or February. I'm looking to move to a new apartment complex that has cheaper rent since I won't be working as much. Does anyone know the rules on if I have to have a 2 bedroom because my son lives with me every day except for 10 days a month where he goes to his dads or can I just get a 1 bedroom? I know it will be small but it will just be for 10 months until I graduate to save money. Any suggestions? My son doesn't mind staying in one room with me I just don't know if I absolutely have to have a 2 bedroom. His dad and I have shared custody but he chooses to only have him 10 days a month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2013 in Money & Work

• Age of child?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Unless the child is a foster child you don't have to provide a separate bedroom.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• In an apartment in most states you do, over a certain age. However the child can sleep on the couch for 10 months.
    There are laws governing the rental policies that landlords have to follow which include occupancy. In my state I could not rent this lady a one bedroom unless her child was under the age of 5.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• He's 9
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• Where could I look up the laws? I've tried searching before but couldn't find anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• He would sleep in my room with me as he does now with our two bedroom. He likes to stay with me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2013

• As far as I know, there is no real law that says how many bedrooms you need. HOWEVER, most landlords (at least in my area) won't rent you a one bedroom if you have a kid.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• No laws in Fla to restrict how many bedrooms you need to have.....

Answer by older at 7:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• You'd need to look at housing laws.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• call 211 housing authority.
    This will only tell you the laws. The landlord also has the right to restrict
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2013