How to get my toddler to start going into the bathroom to use potty rather than using potty wherever she wants

My dd is almost 28 months. She is doing EXTREMELY good on the potty (she has a potty chair she uses) she has wanted to go bottomless since potty training she has been doing so good for the passed few weeks at home without me telling her or anything she will go on her own, but thing is she wants the potty in the same room as her. I am now trying to get her to start using the potty in the bathroom (her chair) rather than wherever she wants so she can actually start telling me when she has to go potty and learning to keep on clothes. If she is naked she does extremely well and goes on her own, but with clothes on it is a different story so now since she is doing so good that way I want to teach her to keep her clothes on and still go on the potty but not sure how to do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• I was never the parent that allowed potty training in any room other than where it was intended, the bathroom. Also, my kids kept on their underwear while potty training.
    Sounds like you've got some bad habits to break and it starts by making her wear panties and the potty STAYS in the bathroom.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• my oldest dd was fully trained at 19 months and my second was 21 months neither used the potty chair they wanted the big potty but this one loves the little potty she will sit on the big potty and has gone before in it but wont go in it anymore just sits there but goes in her little potty
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Put one in the/each bathroom so she sees it there. Explain how the rest of you use the one in the bathroom/s. She will get the message, but it takes time. Start slowly with the clothes....having her wear panties when playing....maybe some new ones for a treat?
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• And I meant to say let her have her potty nearby until she transitions to being able to use the one in the bathroom. You also might give her a treat if she uses the one in the bathroom. Now, that is just an idea. I really am not a fan of giving treats for using the potty. I never did, but I know a lot of moms do.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2013