if scan says I'm six weeks pregnant does it mean I have sex six weeks ago?

tope18

Asked by tope18 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• The weeks of pregnancy that the scan produces are dated from the first day of the cycle during which you conceived. So no, you wouldn't have been pregnant 6 weeks ago, if measurements said you were "6 weeks pregnant." Women usually ovulate about 2 weeks into their cycles, so if the fetal measurements indicated "6 weeks pregnant" then you likely conceived about 4 weeks ago.

The 40 weeks of pregnancy are actually 38 weeks of being pregnant, but counted as starting from the first day of your last menstrual period, which is 40 weeks before your due date.

So, it sounds like it's more likely that you got pregnant during sex with your "regular guy." Assuming he is the only one you've had sex with in the last 6 weeks. Consider who you were with about 4 weeks ago to be your most likely candidate(s) as far as paternity is concerned.

The earlier the ultrasound, the more accurate the fetal measurements are in dating the pregnancy.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• 2 weeks in between sexual partners
    ONLY a DNA test will confirm which one is the father

I assume the two know about the pregnancy and know that it is a 50/50 chance for each of them

you are going to be honest about it ...right?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Well it techincally means that according to the measurements the technican took your baby is about the size of the average baby whose mother's first day of her last menstrual period was 6 weeks ago. If you are using it for paternity then you will need to wait until the baby is born or have an amniocentisis (risk of miscarraige) to find out. If the 6 weeks is correct then you conceived ABOUT 4 weeks ago.
    Anonymous

• Pregnancy is dated back to the first day of your last menstrual period. So, if you are considered six weeks pregnant now, that would mean you probably actually conceived four weeks ago (depending on the length of your menstrual cycles, of course).
    NearSeattleMom

Answer by NearSeattleMom at 8:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• no, it does not mean you had sex exactly that many days ago
    about that time

i think when i first when in, mine was off a few days
    i knew when i got pregnant, and scan/tests said different day
    then when later on another exam gave me another due date

baby will come when ready
    it is all approximations

congrates
    ------------

if this is question because -possible which father is it?
    DNA
    Call Maurey
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• DID you have sex 6 weeks ago??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• DID you have sex 6 weeks ago??
    How many different men DID you have sex with??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Yes. I had sex 8 weeks ago also six weeks ago tho different people now scan says I'm six weeks pregnant and I'm not sure if they are right so I can know the father
    tope18

Comment by tope18 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I think that will be a big deal as to who will take responsibilities before birth. The second person was my regular guy but the 8weeks ago wasn't.
    tope18

Comment by tope18 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• What do you mean by your regular guy??? Anyway I think responsibility before birth is all on you. Of course let both men know they could be the father and see if they would help you out with all the baby stuff you'll need. Most hospitals will offer you and a test after birth for cheap most 160$ instead of the 600$ DNA test done by the courts. Or at least they do in my state. Good luck with everything!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2013