Would you have said something? If so what..... adult content

In our church we have this 30 yr. old woman that has a severe learning disability & we asked her to be our Sunday School helper in our classrooms & she just beams when she's in the room helping out. Anyways..this past Sunday at church she came to me & was saying how she had put "treat" bags together already for Christmas to give to the little one's as she calls the Sunday School kids & she was telling me that in these bags she put a Christmas pencil, Christmas eraser, chap stick, pocket tissue pack...she was so proud of herself so I said good job that's so nice of you but as I was leaving after church services I heard 2 mom's saying how stupid those bags are that this lady was going to give their kids. They even went as far to laugh about these bags...I told them to mind their own business & be considerate of people that have these disabilities.....

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2013 in Religious Debate

• They're the jerks. Doesn't matter who gives a gift or what it is. Kids appreciate that someone thought of them. Wish more adults were like that.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Yes, I would not have been so pleasant though. I would have said "are you kidding me?? This is Church right?" Then I'd shake my head in disgust & never look at them again. They are pathetic. Talk to the Pastor or Priest & have him remind them where they are volunteering.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I would have said something too. Those women sound like imature, bratty children. They certainly don't sound very Christian! It's a shame people behae that way.

And actually, every one of the items your helper is putting in those bags is useful.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I would've asked them if they come to church to do anything besides gossip
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I would not have said anything.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• "Shame on you both. At least she THOUGHT of something for the kids. What have YOU contributed lately?"

It's people like those women that make me detest organized religions.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Your helper is a very thoughtful lady. She must love her job and the little ones very much. And she takes her responsibilities as a Christian seriously. I hope you remember her with something lovely for Christmas. I'm sure she would appreciate that.

The other two ~~ they would have received some severe stink eye from me and a pointed reminder about not gossiping or backbiting and then a blunt question about what they intended to do for our helper and our little ones for Christmas. smh
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• They have missed the point of a gift.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• ^^ Seems like they have missed the point of church, too!^^
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Seems like they have missed the point of church, too!

It tends to irritate people when it's pointed out, but a lot of people do. Even when it's this slow, there are still questions popping up asking how to find a church that isn't catty and bitchy. When it was busy, those questions popped up monthly.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2013