Wwyd?

I have 40 pounds of pulled pork. We are tired of sandwiches. What can I do with it besides sandwiches?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2013 in Food & Drink

• If it's not mixed with BBQ sauce, season it, mix it with enchilada sauce and make pork enchilada casserole (or enchiladas). Use it for burritos. Top baked potatoes with it. Freeze some for when you're not tired of it!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Carnitas, BBQ sauce on top bake it & serve over rice. Freeze it in gallon bags.pulled pork baked potatoes. Nachos, put it in rigatoni.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Kahlua Pork!
    Put the pork in a crock pot, rub it down with sea salt, then take about 1 cup of water and add about 1teaspoon of Liquid smoke to the water, stir. The pour the water into the crock pot, not over top of the pork, you don't want to wash off the salt. then cook it all day, shred it, serve over sticky (or jasmine) rice and a side of macaroni salad for a Hawaiian Lunch Plate as dinner. I make it often, it's delish.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• It's cooked and mixed with barbecue sauce.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Liquid smoke, salt and water makes it Kalua, how?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Freeze some of it. You can make soup or stew with it just as you would with cut up meat cubes, the sauce will had a nice flavor to the soup.

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Kalua - a hawaiian word. Kālua is a traditional Hawaiian cooking method that utilizes an imu, a type of underground oven.

Kahlua - a coffee flavor rum based liqueur from Mexico.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Chili?
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Oh yes, it's yummy in chili!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• "Liquid smoke, salt and water makes it Kalua, how?"
    "Kalua - a Hawaiian word. Kahlua - a coffee flavor rum based liqueur from Mexico"

The Hawaiian Restaurant I get it from calls it Kahlua so I do too, same with the recipes I found online. But no, there is no liqueur in it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2013