Looking for gifted child program

I have 3 year old gifted child his doctor told me he need to go to gifted or talented program ...please if some one have idea to help me with that . I looked in google but cant find any thing like that

shazia116

Asked by shazia116 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Go to your Local Elementary School & ask them there.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I suggest you find a new doctor, because if they're telling you a 3 year old is gifted, they're a quack.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• You're kids not a special snowflake, I promise
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• The school district that my son started in would test kindergartners to see if they'd make it into the gifted program for 1st grade. The school district we're in now tests 1st graders for their 2nd grade year.

There is NO WAY a 3 year old can be evaluated for gifted/talented, they're TOO YOUNG. I'm with NP on this one. He may be smart or advanced right now, that can change in a day, month, or year.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• before u tell me this let me tell u he is reading and writing words and making stories now and he have strong memory he know a lot of things if he is 3 year old does not mean to waste his time sitting in preschool and just playing he need more regular work to do more things to learn
    shazia116

Comment by shazia116 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Ok and because if his age he's going to be in preschool. No one will take him as a kindergartener and they don't have gifted schools for three year olds. That comes after kinder lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Reading and writing isn't what they learn in preschool, or the most important thing anyway. They learn to socialize and relate to their peers, how to act in an academic setting and how to have appropriate interactions. Spend time working on academics, but don't exclude all the other important "play" things a child needs to learn.
    My middle schoolers are in the gifted program at their school after being tested in early elementary. I've never heard of a gifted preschool program and would be concerned about any program that claimed to be.

Answer by missanc at 12:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Don't listen to anyone. You seem completely qualified to homeschool and nurture your child's academic gifts.
    Tell me, how is he doing with potty training, math, and tying his shoes?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

A lot of 3 year olds do that, it doesn't mean he's gifted. There's a reason they don't even begin testing until they're 6 or 7. So again, if your doctor is so willing to flippantly pronounce a rather typical 3 year old gifted when there is no way to measure it at 3, you need a new doctor, because how can you trust them to do anything else correctly?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• he is potty trained math he can write until 50 he solve small math problems he knows spelling until twenty he wear his shoes but not tie because I still did not buy for him such a shoes
    shazia116

Comment by shazia116 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2013