What a relief :)

I'm willing to bet that y'all are tired of me talking about "June" and her mistreatment of my daughter.

Well, the drama will probably continue, but without me.

June's dad called my husband last night. Hubby stopped by after work to see what he wanted. Well, since I went to the principal about June mistreating my daughter, she has now lost all recess privileges for the rest of the year. June's dad is livid. I guess he even went around to the other kids in the complex and talked to them. They all swear that my daughter is doing exactly to June what she's done to my daughter.

I highly doubt that, that's NOT like my daughter at all.

But anyway, they want nothing to do with me anymore, and I'm over the moon relieved. No more biting my tongue about their whining brats, no more stepping over mountains of dirty clothes, food and other sticky messes I don't want to identify just to get 5 feet in the door.

I DO find it odd that a kid would lose all recesses for the next 7 months, for the minor things that have happened so far. I won't know for certain, but I'm willing to bet I'm not the only parent that complained about June. There are 4 1st grade classes and each room has around 30 kids in it. Only a handful live in our apartment complex.

Either way, they're done with me and I'm relieved.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 6:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I know you don't want to hear this but a lot of children act completely different when their parents aren't around. So your daughter vy well could be just as mean as that other child. I see it all the time. But yay for not having to deal with ignorant parents.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• If you want my advice, I think that she lost her recess for the entire year is over the top, she and your kid need to sit down with one another, think the principal made a statement about bullying, and it is a bit crazy>
    Go talk to June's mother with your kid, and her, I am guessing that everyone needs to get on the same page, you all were friends corredt?
    I think that you all need to make up and see if the kids can get along, I have to tell you that YOU know that 6 months of punishment is way over the top, right?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I agree if ALL th ekids swear your daughter is acting the same way then she probably is- most likely is.
    I dont think a school should punish for that long, if I were that dad I would be all over it!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• This is probably for the best, because you harbor far too much anger towards such a young child.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• *dead* sooo funny. ^^^
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• The rest of the school year with NO RECESS!

I would be LIVID as a parent! Every child needs to get out, have some fresh air, hang with friends. What a shitty thing to do as a school IMO, regardless of what the child has done!
    You'd think the child brought a gun to school!
    So what is this child supposed to do for the next 7 months, being ostracized from her peers?
    That would never happen to my child, EVER!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• well, believe what you want but I think there is more to it. My lo is picture perfect at school and others homes but when she has friends here, I happen upon some behavior I would never dream of from her.

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I don't think whether or not the kids are telling the truth/lying/exaggerating really matters. They certainly could perceive that if there has been conflict and if your daughter said anything in response or got upset. It's not unrealistic to think that she could have "talked about" June to other kids, reacting to what was happening, and that could be seen as doing "exactly" what the other child does. You're focusing on whether or not she's typically "mean" or "vindictive" but it's probably not about motives, especially with kids looking on and saying what they see. They notice whether a child is upset, mad about what's happening, "doesn't like" her friend anymore, etc. Plus it's perception.

Regardless, I don't think whether it's "mutual" versus "one-sided" is that significant.

But whoa, that disciplinary decision would give me zero confidence in that principal. Whether or not it affected my own child directly. Wow.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 7:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• You're really going to talk about someone else's home being dirty after that pic you posted?
    Anonymous

• I just can't buy that a school would take recess away for the rest of the year. Especially for that age.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2013