Can I prep sweet potatoes the day before?

Or will they change color like regular potatoes?

I'm making a bunch of fries for a dinner party tomorrow and would love to get the sweet potatoes out of the way for now! And if it is okay, how would I store them? Thanks.

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 7:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2013 in Food & Drink

• If you are frying then sorry, it is a no go, if you were making something else it would be okay, if you soak them in water, they will be soggy, what else are you making? Maybe something else could be made ahead, now if you cut them and let them sit on the counter for about an hour, they will be more crisp as some of the water will evaporate.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I just bake them on high heat.. no frying.
    anestheticsex

Comment by anestheticsex (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I think you definitely could. Dry them well and let them sit a bit before baking them.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• You sure can!! I do every year
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I do it every year too. I also make mashed potatoes and stuffing the day before.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I make it all, then put in baking dishes in the fridge. I just reheat in oven when ready,
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2013