Ipod questions

My daughter is asking for an Ipod.....I found 4th generation ipods for around a hundred dollars so Im curious just how old is the 4th generaton and what are the diffeneces. can I go lower and get a 3rd generation ipod and get the same out of it? also are the ipods able to get the same updates my phone does? Just trying to see as much as I can without spending money on something I am gonna hate later.
Thanks!

Zookeeperof4

Asked by Zookeeperof4 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2013 in Technology

• My DD got a 3gs for x-mas last year and it is great she can text other Ipod/phones and take videos and picture plus play games and music and a bunch of other stuff I know nothing about!
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 7:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• 4th generation iPods are going to be useless because they are not ios7 compatible. Eventually the apps won't be able to be updated. That's why they are so cheap.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Hi there, I have an Ipod Touch...got it about a year ago...paid $300 at the Apple Store...32GB.....it can do so much and I feel it is worth the price....but you want to go online to the Apple Store and get the most current Generation if you intend to spend the money. These items update so much so even when you buy new you are still behind the ball just due to technology. I use mine for AudioBooks more that any thing...Amazon Prime is also something worthy....
    Ipod Nano is great too...had one that last about 3 years....I used it alot so no wonder it died on me and that does happen...you can send it for repair but I thought it was worth just upgrading. Repair requires the Apple Insurance....which I had but did not renew and wouldn't you know it...that is when my product died. Ipod Shuffle is just to small and less expensive....my husband washed his. Needless to say he did not get another Ipod. Check the Apple Store.
    NecieGirl2

Answer by NecieGirl2 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2013