Who do you have listed as emergency contact?

When I was in school, my parents were always listed as emergency contact. When I got married, my husband was then listed as emergency contact at dr's office and at work. Now that I'm divorced, I struggle with who to list as emergency contact.

Do I list my SO even though he lives an hr away? My 1st reaction would be to list him and I think he would want to be listed.

Do I list my parents? My siblings?

For work, I have my mom listed and think that for now I should just list her for everything. My only concern is that she doesn't have my SO's number so how would he know if something happened to me?

Not sure where to put this one.

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 9:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Hubs then grandbabys mom, then my aunt
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I would list either your parents or a sibling that could get there quick and then your SO incase the rest of you cant be reached
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• YOU! Did you not know that? LOL! Just kidding. My daughters, my husband, my parents and my ex.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Whoever is the closest in proximity to you & who you would trust with taking care of your kids temporarily in the event you need medical assistance. My fist contact is my DH then my second contact is my Sister. Having my Mother as a contact is useless because she does not drive.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I don't have one. I told the school, very bluntly, we don't have anyone who can take them. Besides there should be no problem getting hold of one of us. Dad at work or myself at home.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• For your kids. I would still list their father if he is still in their lives. For you, your mom. Give your mom your SO's number. Sense you two are not married. He can not legally do anything for you as in sing papers medically.
    Anonymous

• For my kids, their father is still listed.

Thank you for your responses....I will continue to list my mom for now.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• As of now I still have my ex listed as emergency contact. He is the only one anywhere near me and he has all my family numbers so could contact them if needed.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• I list my SO first. Two families from church, and an aunt of mine. My parents and siblings are nearby, but they are not listed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2013

• Your parents, if they are willing, children if they are old enough, best friend .
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2013