Very cool time out timer/relaxation aid

http://mycrazyblessedlife.com/2011/10/03/relax-bottletime-out-timer/

Read the blog for full instructions. Apparently there's a lot of glue inside it so it can take 3-5 minutes to settle.

Thought it might be helpful for those who have kids young enough to put in time outs.

Gotta make it a question... Do YOU need a time out? LOL

PartyGalAnne

Asked by PartyGalAnne at 12:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We made 2 of these, but don't use them for time-outs.

They are a fantastic sensory/calming device for my son.

YES! I do need a time-out! With a hot coffee/ Irish cream!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• I LOVE these! And I am totally making them for my boys. And maybe my nieces as well.

I totally need a time out! I just spent the last three hours at the laundromat. I am tired now! ( our dryer broke)
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• ive seen these before but never understood how they're supposed to work for time outs...is it just a really pretty hourglass? my kids would want to play with them and that kinda defeats the purpose of a time out. very pretty tho!

and yeah, i could definitely use a time out!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Very cool, my boys are in their twenties, so they'd just laugh if I tried to give them a time out now!

And SleepingBeautee, we moved in August, now washer/dryer hookups in my new house, so laundromat for the first month. Hubby put a water line out to the garage, but he's remodeling the kitchen and we still haven't unpacked much, so no gas for the dryer yet. I've been hanging laundry on s clothesline to dry. Now that it's gotten cool....and we live by the beach, so humid I may have to go back to the laundromat, at least to dry. I feel you. ugh.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2013