I want to grow my 2yr olds bangs out.. should I still get them trimmed?

I know your supposed to get your hair trimmed regularly, and especially if you want it to grow, right?? How much should be trimmed anyway? I was thinking of just doing it myself to avoid a trip to the salon. Just half an inch, or even less.. is that enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If I wanted them to grow out, I would not trim them. It's going to take quite a long time, and cutting them will only make the process longer. Get a good supply of barrettes and head bands to keep the hair out of her eyes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• A hairdresser can help them to blend into your other hair, but you should not trim them yourself, since you'll likely just make the growing-out period longer that way.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I'd leave them be if you want them to grow- other than blending if needed as they get longer

*trimming has nothing to do with hair growth...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2013