Have you heard this: Gotta hear this

LISTEN: Welfare Mom Speaks Candidly About Why She Will Never Work and Still Collect a Check

http://freepatriot.org/2013/11/18/listen-welfare-mom-speaks-candidly-about-why-she-will-never-work-and-still-collect-a-check/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• This is the way they see it & I agree.
    I took a promotion, $2.00 more an hour - so, my kids no longer qulify for Texas Chips or reduced lunches -
    What was the point of bettering myself?
    Everything I just made went to pay more taxes, full prices lunches & $260 a month for insurance.
    Besides the fact that my ex husband is over $50,000 behind on child support & my state will not help locate him because I'm not taking money from the state by not qualifying for food stamps / welfare.

It's just so frustrating - I understand her point. But couldn't bring myself to be there or that low of a person.
    But it sure sucks being the one out here trying - I wish, I had $250 a month for food. She gets over $400. That's insane!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Food stamps are out of control. A family the size of mine (7 people) can get almost $800/month. I spend a little over half that. But other than the food, I wouldn't want to live like that. But I definitely think the government makes it too easy on people to do that (free food, free cell phones, etc). Being jobless shouldn't be an easy life.

Answer by missanc at 10:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I think the government should step out the way of progress. States are better at handling these things not the federal government. If the economy were better, there wouldn't be a need for these programs. But if we end these programs people who honestly need it are out in the cold because of those who abuse it. I don't know what the answer is and I know too first hand how hard it is to make it without help. I've often thought there would be more charity if welfare weren't available. A liberatarian said he was told 1 out of 5 Americans live in poverty and when asked what he thought about that, he said "That tells me there are 4 people that can help the 5th, so why do we depend on welfare?" If the world were a trustworthy place the liberatarian would be right so what do we do? I also agree with Missanc. I think the caller that's a welfare mom is disgusting but the exception, not representative of most people.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 21, 2013