Just found out I was pregnant...I've been drinking and using vit c ..

Hello. I found out this morning I am pregnant for the second time! I am excited but also very very worried. I have been drinking ( not heavily maybe 3 drinks a week?) and I've been taking excessive amounts of vit c as advised by my dr (not knowing I was pregnant.) and now I'm seeing that it's very dangerous for pregnant women to ingest so much vit c. I have a doctors appt and I can ask all my questions then..but that's not for another week and I just need some peace of mind :/

Amanda M.

Asked by Amanda M. at 11:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Call your Dr. and ask if you should discontinue or reduce the vitamin C before they see you. Always get a Doctor's opinion for something like this. Even if you have to ask a nurse and wait for him / her to call you back to let you know what to do.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Great
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• You and baby are most likely fine. Many women drink and/or take OTC medicines/supplements before finding out they are pregnant. The most important thing is what you do now that you know. Call the dr about the vit C. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 11:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Why were you ingesting high doses of Vitamin C?

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• another FB random
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Well, you can't do anything about the past. All you can change is the future.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• You'll be fine. Talk to your doctor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Post that on your FB feed.... Maybe you are freinds with a doctor
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Call your doctor. stop taking so much vitamin C and switch to prenatals . As far as drinking it shouldn't hurt anything right now. Since you now know you are pregnant keep it in moderation or stop completely.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Okay
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2014