Cheap but healthy snacks that will last 2 weeks

I know the kids have to be tired of the same old snacks so I am looking for new ideas. Next week is our house payment so makes this week and next tight since we buy 2 weeks of groceries this week and a house payment next. I have to get 2 weeks of groceries/snacks for 2 weeks on Friday I have an 8, 5 and 2 year old I need ideas please. But remember cheap lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• bananas, oranges, yogurt (buy the large tub, just one flavor) pretzels.....and baking, make oatmeal cookies, and my boys used to love fresh warm bread from the oven for snacks, very cheap, and you control the ingredients.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Granola bars
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I would bake my own snacks to keep things cheaper. You can buy pretty much the same ingredients and make cookies, cakes and brownies with them. You can buy apples to make apple pie and eat plain. Peaches would make a cobbler and also be eaten plain. You could buy crackers and a couple of blocks of cheese and do cheese and crackers for a snack. Cereal can be a decent snack, too. I don't know about where you are, but the store I shop at frequently has sales on cereal, usually b1g1. So that could be really cheap for you.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• PB&J is our standby. Also, a banana with a spoonfull of peanut butter is a fave.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 12:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Cheese is inexpensive if you buy the large block and cut itinto cubes or grate I yourself. Buy raisins and peanuts in bulk and split them into small paper cups with Chex or pretzels to make your own trail mix.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• No you don't. I am pretty sure you refresh your milk and bread before 2 weeks is up. Buy fresh fruit and celery with peanut butter dip. Carrots will last a long time. A brick of cheese can last a long time too.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• we only go through a gallon or 2 a week so we buy 3 or 4 gallons which will last 2 weeks and we use it before the expiration date. So when I say we don't buy anything that week we don't. We live paycheck to paycheck.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• My kids love cereal for snacks, especially as ballad suggested, mixed together to make "trail mix". Bagged apples, cut up with a dab of peanut butter or without.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I like DIY trail mix.
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2013