Is Thirty-One a religious organization?

i ask because i attended a Webinar last night and the Founder & CEO mentioned God a couple of times during her speech. Nothing offensive and didn't ask for prayer or anything but she mentioned "doing things that God has blessed us with" or God's gifts or something along those lines.

as most of you know i'm atheist but i don't have a problem with religion, i'm just now wondering if i'll have a hard time fitting in if all of the Thirty-One ladies are uber religious and expect me to pray with them before parties and such or thank God for the wonderful sales.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• **i am a potential consultant, not customer.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Many organizations' leaders are big on faith. Mary Kay, Premier Designs, etc.
    That doesn't mean the consultants have to be.
    Unless your direct upline is religious, you'll have zero contact with anyone in the organization who gives a damn.
    The call you were on was someone's personal opinion of what the business has done for them, their family, etc, and their statements of how they are thankful for it.
    Everyone has a different story.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I have no idea, just love the bags! I wouldn't let it deter me from being a consultant, I will order from you now!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I'm a consultant and agnostic. They are based on faith and named after Proverbs 31 which talks about empowerment of women. I use that as informational, but I don't do bible quotes, etc myself. I also work for the YMCA. Neither of these companies discriminate.
    Anonymous

• as far as it being her "opinion"

i checked the Webinar again, it's still viewable.

in the Thirty-One mission itself it states:
    Through God's strength, we've built a family of individuals who feel women deserve to treat themselves and those around them to something special.

This was in their mission statement.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• LOL, as far as I am concerned the Devil could hand make them on his own, they are the most durable long lasting bags I have ever used, and listen I am not a huge fan of the "party" circut, it was like pulling me out of a cave to get me to purchase one in the first place, I have taken my large tote around for over 2 years now, and anything else, the handles would have busted or the bag itself would have gotten torn,
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• If you're so worried about it, don't join.
    I'm sure the founder of Walmart is probably Christian, too, but realizes that in order to not alienate customers, you keep quiet. (basically, don't shit where you eat) They care about consultants doing the job ethically and responsibly, and MAKING THEM MONEY.

I'm not sure what answer you want to hear.
    It's not a cult or a Bible thumper's club.
    It IS a fantastic way to make extra money, take control of your personal finances, meet new people, and so much more.
    It will be what you make it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• well when it's in their mission statement, it kind of makes it seem like God might be incorporated in a large part of their business. i'm still doing it regardless, just wanted to point out that it wasn't her 'opinion' when it's in the god damned mission statement for the company.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I have hosted and been to the bag parties before, all I can recall was lots of wine, and fun, I think even religious or not, it is about empowering women to be self sufficient, let me know when you sign up!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Good question! Because my uber-christian cousin is a "consultant" or whatever.

I'm not that into handbags...I use mine till they wear out, then got to goodwill and buy a new one. So I just skip her 31 emails.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2013