What incorrect info were you taught about your body? adult content

My mom told me that I couldn't bathe during my period,not even a PT&A bath. She couldn't give me a reason WHY though.
She told me that if I let a guy play with my boobs too much,they'd get super huge,and that's how you can tell who is a slut

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My mom said no tampons until I was married.... (I still have no idea why)! LMAO!

She also told me when I started my period that I was "now a woman"... I was like WTH, I thought I was always a woman!

She used to tell me I was built like my dad.... Tell me how traumatizing that was when I went through puberty....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I will thanks

And Anon shut up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Reading in poor light will ruin your eyes. Going out with wet hair will make you sick. Nothing about my body tho
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• My mom told me that if I touched myself "down there" I would get juice on my fingers, and it would leave stains that she could see even if I washed my hands, so she would always know if my fingers had been where they shouldn't go. I believed her even well into adulthood, which curbed a lot of exploration, shall we say. It was too bad, really, and a stupid thing to believe, but I didn't know any better.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• If you sit too close to the TV it will hurt your eyes. I was told the same thing about making a face or crossing your eyes that it would freeze that way. I realize now they probably couldn't see the TV past my head & were probably sick of the silliness. When it came to the important things, my mom was a trooper with the accurate info. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Thankfully, none.
    I remember my mom telling me she thought she could get pregnant if she took a bath after her brothers. (They were very poor, and one of the last houses in town to get indoor plumbing. When it was bath night it was all shared water in one tub).
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• Glad I'm not a slut!!!!!

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• When I was seven we ate watermelon while camping, I swallowed a seed my mom told me I will grow watermelon babies (looking back I'm sure she was joking or drunk). So anyway I really took that to heart and went off to find supplies I mean I was going to have babies. I had collected food and band-aids and all the sleeping bags and brought them together under the tree I laid down and started screaming, everyone came running and saw me under the sleeping bag. My poor mom thought something really bad happened and I very calmly told her to get ready and be hungry cause we were gonna have more watermelon than we can handle! This story is told often by mother to anyone who will listen. Good times

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 7:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I know, but that's just silly... LMAO!

She also used to let my brothers do a lot more than me... why??? Because I was a girl and they were boys. UGH... I hated hearing that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• LOL, my mom told me absolutely nothing including the fact that girls/ women have periods.
    I can't remember any misinformation in school but that was ages ago.

I do remember silly rules like do not wear patent leather shoes and not to wear white or dine anywhere that has a white table cloth.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2013