SO goes to bed without showering ALL THE TIME

He works construction, so needless to say he stinks when he comes home! And every time he goes upstairs I think hes going to shower, but 20 minutes later I go up to find him fast asleep in our bed. Trying to wake him up is pointless.. he's such a heavy sleeper. So im thinking next time I'll tell him he cant have dinner until he showers, LOL. Other than that idk what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Wow, has it crossed your mind that maybe he is extremely tired. Withholding dinner- how childish!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• LMAO... OMG... you are kidding right? Seriously, if you don't work, I think if you do that for him, he should kick your butt out!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• He wouldn't be my SO if he didn't care enough about me to take a shower!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• What's wrong with him showering in the morning? My ex worked construction.... 10-12 hour days outside in the heat or cold weather. Most of the time, it was all he could do to eat and collapse on the floor.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• If he's fast asleep he's hardly going to be eating dinner.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• This is a joke, right? Nobody really thinks about their SO like this, do they? There is no way this is for real.

On the off chance that it might be....have you tried gently asking him if he wouldn't mind taking a quick shower before climbing into bed?
    Or sleeping on the couch if it bothers you that much?

I just can't imagine even THINKING of withholding supper from my SO (a grown man) for any reason let alone because he smells bad.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I can see both sides of the coin here. While its easy to understand why he would be exhausted, I'm also the kind of person that can't get in bed without brushing my teeth and being clean.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I totally get it. My fiance has epilepsy and some nights will sweat prefusely from night seizures. While this is a completely different situation, washing smelly sheets, blankets and putting baking soda on the mattress EVERY day is exhausting. If this was PREVENTABLE like your situation I would want a clean man in my bed.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• I can see both sides here, too. I just gave my hubs the raised eyebrow as he crawled into bed with no shower. But my issue is not dirty sheets. For me, no shower = no sex.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2013

• have you tried TALKING to him about it? not nagging, not talking down to him, not using passive aggressive bitchiness like refusing dinner, but talking to him like the adult that he is? you cant hint, you cant do mean things in hopes that he'll magically be able to read your mind.

i get why you dont want to sleep next to a dirty stinky man...who would?! but i dont understand why its so hard to get him to shower, unless you just havent asked him to.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2013