should i break up with my daughters father?

My daughter is almost 10 months old and her father is not working nor making an attempt to find work. He also gives me a hard time because I babysit for someone he doesn't care for so I can make some money to help provide for my daughter and he also gives me a hard time about me asking him to watch her for the time im babysitting

confusedjanedoe

Asked by confusedjanedoe at 12:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• So basically you are providing for all 3 of you. Does he keep the house clean, cook the meals, do laundry, etc? Are you happy with the relationship?
    I wouldn't stay, but that's just me.

Answer by missanc at 12:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I think this question is seriously lacking some real substance.... What else is there? Sometimes people get down... maybe he is in a slump.... but could REALLY answer if there were more info.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I agree needs more information, but I would leave.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Give him a deadline. You can't keep the family afloat and this ship is sinking. He has till January 1st to bail you out, or he's got to go.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Why would he need to watch your daughter while you are babysitting?
    He should be out "pounding the bricks" for a job.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Yes, find a guy who has a job.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• So he doesn't want to take care of his daughter. He doesn't want you to work for people he doesn't like. He isn't working and he isn't even looking for work. In other words he has no sense of responsability and is bone idle to boot.

Drop him, he's a millstone round your neck. Just imagine how much easier life would be if you didn't have the expense of his dead weight and you could work for whom you wanted.

Raise your standards. both you and your daughter deserve better. Don't you?

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• what is good about him?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I'm with jeanclaudia; what's good about him? "He's the father of my child" is not a sufficient answer.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Has he ever worked?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2013