So what's your best memory....

of Thanksgiving?

I know that Thanksgiving is just getting pushed aside but I'm willing to bet there are some great memories out there of Thanksgiving.

We always go to my mom & dad's farm and it's always been a blast. I remember going out when I was 9 "rabbit" hunting with just my dad. Herman (My dog) never did scare up a rabbit but just walking the fields talking with my dad was great. Usually my brother had dibs on hunting and my dad but for some reason my dad decided to take just me. I'll always remember it.

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 2:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• We had the best Thanksgivings at my grandma's house, back when both of my dad's parents were still alive. Lots of people, lots of food, lots of noise. They had eight children who survive to adulthood, and most of them married and had families, so it was a zoo. Three long tables all set up, and I remember the last person to the feast had to get wedged in and sit on top of the neon pink clothes hamper because there was always one chair too few.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I was pregnant with DS, and my nephews were having a Reddi Whip fight in the kitchen. One went after me, so I grabbed a can and started chasing him. His father saw, immediately yelled at him to stop. Told him you don't make a pregnant woman run like that, and made him stand still while I got him back.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• My mom worked at a college cafeteria and she invited all the kids over who went going home. We had like forty people at our house, it was a blast!!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I remember Thanksgiving's with my dad's side of the family. My great Aunt was the "glue" that kept that side of the family together, and when she died there were no more get-togethers. Nothing extraordinary, but lots of food, lots of Macy's parades, lots of eating until we would burst!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• This is going to sound strange, but it was the Thanksgiving after my divorce. I didn't have anywhere to go, so my ex-MIL invited me over to their family dinner. Shortly thereafter, she found that her Cancer had returned and metastasized... she died the following spring....

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• My favorite memories of Thanksgiving are actually After I was an adult. I just remember there was Always fighting, not matter what was going on or where we were, my parents were fighting. Last year was great, right before DH deployed, we were at my dads, my brothers were all there, my cousin came up. It was just great.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I don't have one in particular that stands out. They have changed over the years. First we celebrated it at my grandparents' house, & then mostly at my mom's for the last several years. It's always a nice time, just being with the family & getting your tummies stuffed with yummy food. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• When I was a kid, I loved thanksgiving!!! Everyone came to our house and it was a crazy, noisy, yummy zoo!!! Then one thanksgiving morning I woke up sick... Mom took one look at my swollen face and said "I think you have the mumps" (this was before mmr vaccine). I tried to prove her wrong by eating a dill pickle.. I wanted to stay up so bad. But that sour pickle about killed me!!! But Mom made me a bedon tthe hide a bed, and everyone was so nice to me it really was ok. I got spoiled with attention
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2013