I guess it pays to complain!

I had bought an Oral-B elecrtic toothbrush a few months back. I changed the battery that was in it at the store,and a few days later,it was almost dead. I changed the battery again,same thing happened. I chalked it up to a bad motor,shit happens,and bought another one. Damned if the same thing didn't happen again. I got sick of having to change the battery every 3 days,and bought a Crest Spinbrush (which sucks,but it hasn't lost power). I complained to the company,and they're sending me a coupon for a free toothbrush valued up to $20. Nice! I really didn't want to have to change brands. I love that toothbrush.
Have you ever been compensated for a faulty product?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I have had good luck with Oral B we had a defective base unit and they sent a new one out,P & G coupon for free batteries after the batch I had was leaking into everything I put them in,and Annie's products they sent out about $20 worth of coupons for one little suggestion that I made to them. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• I bought a Maytag washing machine a few years ago. One day I was in the kitchen & smelled something burning. My laundry room is right off my kitchen. I went in there & the smell of burning wires was so bad it burned my eyes. The washer was broke on the spin cycle. I had a repair man here 3 times & after he left it started burning again. I was so worried about my kids & I breathing in the fumes. They were so bad I had to open the door in the laundry room to clear it & it was in the winter & freezing cold. Finally I lost control of myself & called Maytag direct. I don't remember what I said since I was in sheer hysteria (lack of sleep from the baby too). I just remember I said "fumes & baby!". They sent a repair Man that day free of charge & he fixed it & it's been fine since.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Last year when I still have my iPhone 3. The Otterbox silicone skin was constantly stretching out within a few months. They replaced the total Otterbox three times for me. I finally got my iPhone 5.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Great!! Make sure you follow the directions. It seems to me we had to let ours charge up for about a day or so before using.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Did you try a different brand of battery? DH has one and different batteries work better than others.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Welll, I contacted Melissa and Doug about a pole that shattered on a tent of theirs my daughter had, mostly just to let them know it could happen so some kid didn't get hurt. The tent was a few years old, so I wasn't really complaining or expecting anything at all, but the company sent me a whole new tent anyway. I was amazed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• No,it was the type that runs on a AA,not a kind that goes on a base

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2013