Any thoughts on Harry Reid eliminating the filibuster in the senate?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-poised-to-limit-filibusters-in-party-line-vote-that-would-alter-centuries-of-precedent/2013/11/21/d065cfe8-52b6-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_print.html

Sorry I can't make it clicky on the iPad. I will edit it when I get on the laptop and add the first few paragraphs of the article.

Thoughts?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 4:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that Reid is going after his own "Asshole of the Year" award. I think he jealous that Obama is getting so much attention for his fubar of a health care reform and wants his own fubar recognition. I can think of no other reason for Reid to pull such a dumb-ass stunt. Because this will sure-as-the-sun-rises-in-the-East bite them hard on the ass.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Honestly, I just don't know anymore. It's all turned into such a mess of squabbling and backbiting that it gets hard to keep track of. It's not about what's best for the country or the American people now, it's about getting ahead and getting your licks in against the other party when you can.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:45 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• A great example of the democrats trying to create a diversion to keep our minds away from the fuck up of Obamacare...
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Yep, I saw an article with quotes from Obama, Biden, Reid and Hillary saying how horrible it would be and destroy the gov't. Hmmm, funny how it's a GOOD thing now. SMH
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I think this is going to come back and bite US in the butt big time. I'm sure the Rs will use it when they're in charge and then back to the D's and in the end everything our country is founded on will be thrown out the door. Instead of changing history perhaps they would all do better to look at ways to work together. It's a mess and sometimes I think we need to start all over again. Throw them all out of office and start from scratch.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• Thanks.
    QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• It's more than just a diversion. It's funny how I can listen to clips of all of those in favor of this tactic taken today back when Republicans were threatening to do the same thing. I would have agreed with the Dems back then. Hypocrisy is a funny thing. Not 'Ha Ha' funny though. And now that the dems have done this, it is almost a given that the Republicans will do this when they are in power. And yet, the constituency is left with even less power than we had yesterday.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2013