anyone have any great ideas for potty training

i have a little girl who i am trying to potty train before the new baby arrives in may i just cant afford to buy two separate size diapers for two different babys so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know not to mention shes very stubborn and only wants to do what she wants to do i really need help with this so please leave comments

babygirl41786

Asked by babygirl41786 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well this soounds raelly mean to do but it worked... With my 1st daughter(now 12) she was the same way, well I came acroos that she was affraid of spiders.. So mean oh mom took on eof the halloween spider rings and when I changed her diaper I slipped the spider in her diaper and showed her that the spider likes to eat her poo and pee in her diaper.. She never went in the diaper again. She was 2 1/2 years old... Good luck
    icebluegirl5

Answer by icebluegirl5 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• This is something that my mom used on my sis and myself, and I have a friend who used it with success for her 2 girls. Buy her some salty and sugary snacks and juices and whatever she likes to drink. Take the snacks and toys into the bathroom with you. Let her run naked in there and feed her and let her drink as much as she wants. When she starts to pee startle her and she will stop and then put her on the potty. She should be using the potty by lunch if you do this this way. I hope that it works and maybe by the time the new baby gets here she will be night trained as well. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Use a timer and a lot of bribes. take a couple of days set a timer for every 10 to 20 minutes to start and every time the timer rings stop everything you both are doing get really excited yell "potty time" and have her sit on the potty for up to 5 minutes (unless she goes) use little things like small candies or cookies to get her to sit there, and then something a little bigger if she goes, and get overly excited and do a "potty dance",show her it is a big deal. And put her in regular underpants while she is awake.She is going to have accidents (this will help her learn the feeling when she has to go), have her help clean up let her know that having accidents does not make you happy.Usually when she realizes that you are disappointed she will get a little up set about it and try a little harder.he even goes on the potty at the store.it took 2 days of the timer, and we were good to go.lengthen the time as she gets better at it
    aridgeway

Answer by aridgeway at 1:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2009