If I start taking Valerian root daily now, how soon will I feel the effects?

I went to the dentist today and he told me that I need to have several teeth pulled and then several cavities filled. If he has time, I really want him to pull all of them at once but I'm already feeling anxiety about this. Dr said he would prescribe me valium but I would rather take something natural and I know it has helped me before.

How fast does Valerian root work? If you take it, how many do you take a day?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 7:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2013 in Health

• Ugh, I only tried it once and it had the opposite effect on me. It worked immediately and I was so hyper it took me two days to calm back down.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Why would any one use this? I just read up on it. Their is no guarantee. It will work like you want.

Answer by louise2 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Take the valium.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• If I take the Valium, then I have to have someone drive me to and from the appointment. That's next to impossible.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Girl, even if you don't take the pill, you are going to need someone to take you to and pick you up, pulling adult teeth isn't like a kid losing a tooth, they are most likely going to give you a bit of gas as well, get a ride, you will be thankful for it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Get some Xanax
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Take the valium. The root knocks you out immediately but the effectiveness wanes--meaning, it won't knock you out after day three or so. I'm sure it depends on each person, but that is what happened to me. Valium is mellow.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I couldn't take it. I got nightmares from it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2013