Would it be too much to give them more references?

I had a second interveiw yesterday and it went well but I told them i am slow to warm up with parents which would be a weakness, but I want to prove to them that all the parents love me so would it be too much if I gave them a whole list of references and parents that love me? They are supposed to get back to me tomorrow if I got the job or not but before they tell me anything I want them to call some more people because they all literally love me. so would this be too much, since they did not ask for them? Thanks

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2013 in Money & Work

• You don't give more than 3 unless they ask for them, because they will never call that many. Since they said they would call tomorrow (today, now, I guess, by the time I'm answering this), I wouldn't bother anyway. It means that they'll be making a decision and whether it's for or against you, more references won't change it now. Just wait and hope for the best. Good luck!
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• When you give references, give your top three. An employer will not take time to call more than that.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• What kind of job did you apply for?

I'm thinking you should have given them all of your references when you had your interview.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• Nah.... I think that would make you sound too desperate.

Good luck though!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I think you can overdo it, yes. Pick your best three.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2013

• I agree....too late to give more and it is overkill. Fingers crossed for you!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2013