Is whole wheat flour heathy?

I am trying to make a very healthy bread and was wondering if whole wheat flour is good for you, I was confused during my google search. If you do not like using whole wheat flour for making bread, what do you like to use?

Valleylily

Asked by Valleylily at 4:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Better for you then white flour is. But whole wheat flour is heavier then white flour is. I made biscuits with it once. My DH said they where like hocky pucks.

Answer by louise2 at 5:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• Much better for you than white flour that's been deprived of all fibre, most of its minerals and vitamins and bleached.

If you're making bread (or anything else for that matter) and you want it to be edible use half whole to half white and increase the amount of water slightly. Whole flour absorbs more than white.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 6:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• I use almond flour because it is grain free. No grain is much healthier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• There's no such thing as "healthy flour" but, it's better for you than white.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2013