I looked at a text in his phone, found something bad... now do I bring it up to him?

Before you start judging me, I am not a snooper. I dont ever go through his phone, EVER. But it just so happened that his phone went off right next to me, he was sleeping so I checked it. We have several mutual friends so I was just going to reply that he was sleeping. The text said "Hey I got that green"... green meaning weed. And that was the only text I looked at. He used to be a big pot smoker in our teenage years, but he stopped that (or so I thought) a few years ago. Im not really sure what to think. He knows damn well that im totally against it. So do I bring it up to him? Or is he gonna think I was snooping and get pissed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• Don't say anything. You shouldn't have snooped.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:00 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• Bring it up anyways. Tell him the truth. His phone went off and you checked it. Let him call it snooping. Tell him if he does not want you to see what on his phone. Turn it off or put a pass word on it.
    Tell him how you feel about the wee/green.

Answer by louise2 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• Why are you against it?
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 10:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• Tell the truth. If he gets upset about that then it's his problem not yours. Isn't that what we tell our children. To always tell the truth.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• Oh is that all? I thought it would be a naked pic or a lewd text. Meh, I don't look at my husband's phone if it goes off next to me. It's not my phone.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• Why are you so against it? ...It's just Marijuana! ...It could be worse! ......All i gotta say is, Choose your battles wisely, friend!
    girl_a_gogo

Answer by girl_a_gogo at 10:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• I'd tell him exactly what you told us, that doesn't sound like snooping to me, and he shouldn't be keeping secrets. My husband is welcome to look at my phone anytime he wants.....I have nothing to hide. If his phone goes off when he's in the shower or sleeping, I've checked it to see if it needs to be answered, and he doesn't care. If he has nothing to hide it isn't a problem.......

I'd talk to him.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• I understand its just marijuana. But the people he used to hang out with when he smoked back in the day were such low lives, and always did more than just weed. I just dont want him sinking to that level. Especially when we have 2 children to worry about.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• To me, it would be a huge deal and I would talk to him.

Answer by missanc at 10:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• So what if I find out he is smoking weed again. How do I handle it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2013