Okay I pride myself on not being judgemental, so why does this bother me?

A friend of mine from high school has a son who is now a senior. His sophmore year he got a girl pregnant, and the baby was born the start of his junior year. Okay everyone makes mistakes right? I went to the baby shower, and she posted tons of pics of the new grandbaby.
Well guess what? At the end of his junior year of high school he gets a different girl pregnant, and it was born last week. I did not attend this shower.
Now pictures everywhere, just got a birth announcement in the mail, and have not heard about 1st grandbaby in about 6 months.
The latest are pictures of the newborn at the son's football game. I am pretty sure that nobody is supporting 1st grandbaby, my understanding is the baby's mother is no longer in school. Now she has this girlfriend and her son living in her house.
I have no idea why this all rubs me wrong, and yes before you beat me up, I understand it is not my business, just asking for you to explain to me, why I feel kind of angry about it.
LOL

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• Probably because you would have hoped with having to deal with that huge slap of reality that he would have learned.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2013

• It bothers you because you secretly want to have a baby with me. It's okay. I understand.

I hope those babies are safe, on a serious note. Maybe send a message and ask what size the first baby is and say you want to send a Christmas gift?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2013

• It's possible, too, that they're being excluded from the first baby's life, whether it's due to problems between the parents or problems between the mother and grandmother. I've watched a few times while people I went to school with tried to micromanage their kids' relationships and families to the point they've been shut out completely. One even had her fb posts complaining about the baby's mother used against her in court. No more baby pictures or updates, because the mother won full custody and she decides who gets visitation.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2013

• LOL,
    Yes, I think that is it, that now we have a "new" toy the old seems to yesterday's news. Very good idea about calling her about the size of grandbaby #1.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2013