I just bought and tried sake for the first time...

is it always so strong, dry, and bitter?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 8:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I don't remember that it was bitter. Dry yes, and strong. I like it from time to time. I haven't had it for a while and maybe am just not remembering any bitterness. I remember that it wasn't nearly as sweet as grape wines.

Answer by Bmat at 8:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yes, dry and strong--did you warm it?
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think it's definitely an acquired taste. I don't prefer it but I'm open to trying it again.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I didn't think it was strong or bitter. Maybe little dry. Hmmm. It's been a while since I had any, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think i remember feeling like I was drinking rubbing alcohol. But it was fun to drink at the restuarant. I had it cold from the bottle. Maybe next time I will try it hot.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• dry and strong yes.. bitter im not to sure of... but damn, try sitting at a sake bar... wow... drunk times
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• the only thing worse than sake is that Greek drink I don't know how to spell
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 8:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009