Nursing a sick baby??

My problem is this...my girls have a stomach bug and my 20month old who is still nursing is vomiting when I feed her...this is the only way she goes to sleep!! And she nurses once In a While at night...any other suggestions on how to get her to sleep ?? She doesn't take a pacifier

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 9:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• Rocking, unless that also makes her puke.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2013

• If she wants to nurse let her nurse. she needs the liquid to stay hydrated. If she is going to puke she is going to puke no matter what you give her so it may as well be antibody packed breast milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I agree with anon. I recently had strep throat and am nursing a 3 month old. 4 of my older kids had strep also, the youngest of those 4 is two and he and my baby take pacifiers and he is always taking hers or swapping hers for his. She did get an ear infection but no strep. A stomach bug should pass within a day or two and I'd continue to feed her if no other reason than for her to get antibodies. I hope you don't get the stomach bug, hope everyone feels better soon.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Well whether she's sick or not, she's going to need to nurse.
    It's not about sleep at this point, I'd think it's about getting the nutrients.
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2013