Politics infused into kids TV commercials?

Noggin aired a commerical about Obama and I found it offensive to infuse children's TV programs with politics. I understand that it is Black History Month, and I've watched plenty of interesting bits about people (for example, the guy who invented ice cream scoopers was black). however, this info about Obama was not innocent. Very left based, with not even more than 5 seconds about his Presidency, job or career!

your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think its stupid .. and in all honesty about black history month there is not one black person that has done a great thing in a long time yes including obama and they dont deserve the "fame " of it i believe this history month is for the ones that did do great things in history and it should just be given to people becaus eoh well they are black .. its all stupidity
    Anonymous

• honey, it's not politics now... He's the president after all. It's like putting George Washington or Abe Lincoln on there...
    Anonymous

• fyi anything to do with presidents senators or congress that would be politics period end of story
    Anonymous

• anon 8:48 maybe they aren't deserving in your eyes, but very deserving in others.
    To answer the original post I don't see anything wrong with it. I haven't actually seen the commercial but what about it is so left based?
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i would think that to get recognition in black history you would actually have to do something great, obama has not done anything great and before you say he is the first black president well really to me that is not great. he could be doing greater things but instead he is not.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• mrsundin...I don't think it's fair that only blacks who have "done something great" as in change the way the US operates should only get recognition. If you go into certain communities you can see many blacks get recognition. For example, a black person may be the first in their family to graduate from college especially being that years ago blacks weren't offered the same opportunity at education. While this may not deserve national recognition with black history, I still believe that it is an important aspect in black history. Black history isn't all about celebrating those who have done something....it's about celebrating the race and culture. This can go for Hispanics Heritage Month, Asian Pacific Month and Native American History month.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• omg bxb..what about WHITE heritage...or Do e get an Irish heritage, french heritage ect ect..... NO we DON'T. Heck, if you have "white pride" you are considered racist! Now where is THAT ok?! I do NOT agree with black history month and before you get your panties in a wad about "there has to be one otherwise black contributors to society wouldn't be recognized" That's a big ole pile of POO! I still remember school..I learned about the Awful things the "white man" did to the Native Americans...then we skipped to the civil war.....then to the 60's where we went through the civil rights stuff. I promise I know more about what blacks did in history than ANY white person! BUT omg you can't say this b/c then you are racist....nope just tired of hearing it.....

Anonymous

• anon...lol! yes, have your white heritage and white pride...I don't care...but I'm not going to go as far as to say whites have white history month every month BUT yes, a majority of what people learn in history is considered "white" history. Also, I think what you learn depends on your school district...when i was in school I learned very little about black history and native american history. Furthermore, if you agree with hispanic heritage month, asian pacific heritage month and native american history month why wouldn't you agree with black history month?? It sounds silly to me.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• oh...here's your Irish heritage month
    http://www.ask.com/bar?q=irish+heritage+month&page=1&qsrc=0&zoom=Hispanic+%3CKW%3EHeritage+Month%3C%2FKW%3E%7CNative+American+%3CKW%3EHeritage+Month%3C%2FKW%3E%7CGerman+%3CKW%3EHeritage+Month%3C%2FKW%3E&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishamericanheritage.com%2F

here's some more stuff for ya
    January: Japanese History Month
    February: Black History Month
    March: Irish History Month
    May: Native American History Month
    June: Chinese History Month
    July: Greek History Month
    August: French History Month
    September: English History Month
    November: Swedish History Month

bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• also, what about Women's History month...is that a "big ole pile of poo" too,lol?!?!
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2009